Aktuelle Zeit: 19. April 2024, 20:18

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
 Welche auspuffanlage ... 
Autor Nachricht
Beitrag Welche auspuffanlage ...
My exhaust broke last week. It was an original Aprilia that i had bought 2.nd hand and ridden ~15-18000km width. It is a long time since it started to rattle because some if its "inners" had gotten loose but now the "fronttube" broke just below where it is fitted to the engine :-(

I've earlier ridden with an gianelly freeway (the old one that was'nt approved - See http://www.majland.org/leo/gfx/20000524_LeoUnderGuldregnClose.jpg)

The only problem with the gianelly (besides it was stolen) was that it was not easy to fit since the "flance" that bolts to the engine was fixed enstead of loose like on the original exhaust.

So now that I'm in the market for an exhaust again (4th time in 5year) i would prefer to buy one that can split in 2 so that i don't have to unscrew it from the cylinder to remove the silencer to and remove the wheel.

Which exhausts for the 125/150 can be split in silencer and "tube" ?

16. Juni 2003, 13:29

Beitrag Re: Welche auspuffanlage ...
Well, there are so much problems whith the exhauster of the Leonardo. When you can read and understand german, look round a few here in the forum, there are some treads about this topic. If not, look at http://www.leovince.de. There is a new exhauster completly in VA (Edelstahl, I don't know what it is in english), called "4road". What I can see, it can be split between silencer and tube. It cost 289€ in Germany, and it has an ABE.
Bild
So far I know, noboy tests it hier in the Forum, so there are no meanings about it.
Perhaps you can test it and then say us how good it is.

MFG
Chris

Sorry, my english isn't very good, I hope you can understand it. Bild

16. Juni 2003, 16:39
Profil Private Nachricht senden
> When you can read and understand german, look > round a few here in the forum there are some
> treads about this topic.

I do understand most german but i'm sure that you can more easily understand my english than my german :-) I've also searched trough the forum and not found anything about how the different exhaust is fitted and how they can be disassembled

A few year ago i put together the following list
http://www.majland.org/leo/parts_exhausts.html

I know that i'm new to this forum, but has been active from time to time on the old. And I've riding the leonardo for almost 5 years and over 57000km and done the service and repairs the last years myself.

>If not, look at http://www.leovince.de. There is a new >exhauster completly in VA... Perhaps you can test it and then say us how good it is

According to the leovinci website it is only for the newest Leonardo - I've written to them whether it can be fitted to a 1998 - I think so and i don't care that it may only be approved for the 3. generation.

Luckely i don't need to worry to much about abe/tuv here because motorcyles does not go trough regular inspection. It can be a problem if i sell it, but i plan to wear it down completely ...

(I've gotten copies of german "Approved" papers for both my Braking discs and the Bitubo rear shock absorbers - it does'nt hurt tu have some papers ...)

>Sorry, my english isn't very good, I hope you can >understand it.

No Problemo - but feel free to answer in german ....

Mvh
Anders Majland, Dänemark
http://www.majland.org

16. Juni 2003, 21:29

>According to the leovinci website it is only for the newest Leonardo - I've written to them whether it can be fitted to a 1998 - I think so and i don't care that it may only be approved for the 3. generation.

I think that is only because of the ABE. The engine and the frame of all Leos (125er) is almost the same, I thing there aren't any problems.

>No Problemo - but feel free to answer in german

Bild My german is much better, but I'm a pupil and I want to learn some english. It is easy "learning by doing". And when your english is much better, you can say me, when I do some grammatical mistakes. Bild

I have a question more: you have driven 57000km by the leo. When does you change the Gaszug? (I don't know what it calls in english)
My leo has now 33000km, and I wouldn't like to stop anywhere away from home because of a "defekt Gaszug".

MFG
Chris

16. Juni 2003, 23:02
@Chris:
Also, meiner is jetz 7 Jahre alt, war NIE in irgendeiner Inspektion (Vorbesitzer hat die erste nicht wahrgenommen und dafür ham wir ihn um 1-2 Tausender billiger gekriegt... war 2 Jahre alt und hatte 4000 km drauf... wenigfahrer)
ich hab jetz 35000 km und mein Gaszug geht wie eine eins. defekt bedeutet ja wenn dann festgehängt oder gerissen...
folgendes ist nur eine Überlegung von mir und kein Erfahrungsbericht, basiert aber auf meinem logischen Menschenverstand.
Wenn er festhängt solltest du das merken, weil er dann wenn du vom Gas gehst, am anfang wenn er noch leicht hängt, immer etwas hängt und dann ruckartig vom gas geht. ausserdem merkst du, dass sich der Gasgriff beim Gasgeben "kratzig" bewegt(das Kabel kratzt im Schlauch). Und wenn er reißt, dann entweder im oder nach dem Schlauch. im schlauch merkst du es wieder, weil es sich ankündigt, wenn die angerissene Stelle im Schlauch kratzt. Ausserhalb kannst du nur ab und zu einen Blick drauf werfen und nachsehen, ob das Kabel ausgefranst ist.

Aber mir is mal das bremskabel des Fahrrades festgeworden, da hab ich auch monate vorher gemerkt, dass es irgendwie schwerer geht und "kratzt". Auch bei der Gangschaltung hing es mal, da hat er dann am anfang immer ewig gebrauch, bis die Feder ihn wieder locker gekriegt hat...
nur so ne idee.

17. Juni 2003, 18:13

wenns ganz so einfach ist, gut und schön.
Aber ich farhre Mountainbike, und beim Bike ist das ein bisschen was anderes. Hier ist der Zug verschleißteil, weil er an den Knick- und anschraubstellen bricht.
Beim roller ist es so, dass er sich in den Biegungen abnutzt (Wenn die Teflonbeschichtung weg ist, bewegt sich metall auf metall)
Er wird immer dünner bis er irgendwann beim Vollgasgeben abreißt. Man merkt das wohl nicht beim bewegen, weil ja noch alles glatt läuft. Und sehen tut mans auch nicht, weils irgenwo in der Innenhülle vonstatten geht.
Soweit meine Vermutung. Mein gaszug geht bis jetzt mal auch noch ganz gut (wie neu eigentlich), aber wenn sich meine Vermutung bewahrheitet... Bild . Ich will ihn ja lieber wechseln (im Zubehör ist er recht günstig) als irgenwann mal wasweißich welche Kapriolen anstellen zu müssen um nachhause zu kommen.

MFG
Chris

Zuletzt geändert von chris84 am 17. Juni 2003, 20:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

17. Juni 2003, 20:28
<p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>chris84 schrieb am 16.06.2003 23:02

> you can say me, when I do some grammatical mistakes.
<hr></blockquote></p>

I'm not sure enough to point them out - English is not my native language ...
<p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>

> When does you change the Gaszug?
<hr></blockquote></p>

I replaced it once last winter beacuse it froze on me. i had somehow gotten water into it and it froze at full throttle. That was'nt fun :-( Well after ~10km the heat from the engine was enough to regain control. But i changed it afterwards because it froze again when the engine cooled down.... I oiled the new cable before fitting it, but the old cable was still fine. It did'nt show sign of wear, but it is a pain to replace so when i had it out (and bought a new one) i fitted the new one and just kept the old as a spare.

Wheel bearings on the other hand don't last long. I've replaced the one for the rear wheel under the exhaust once a year and the front ones 3 times

18. Juni 2003, 11:11
<p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>chris84 schrieb am 16.06.2003 16:39

Perhaps you can test it and then say us how good it
<hr></blockquote></p>

Know any onlineshops that has it in stock or gan get it fast ?

18. Juni 2003, 11:39

no, i don't know any shop. perhaps you can write some Emails to different shops and ask if they have it in stock. If you find no shop, you can send an email to levince, perhaps they can say you a shop where you can get it.

MFG
chris

18. Juni 2003, 16:37
hi what is the best "auspuff" for the speed arrow or?
i have a leo 2

Zuletzt geändert von Gast am 19. Juni 2003, 12:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

19. Juni 2003, 12:57
<p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>chris84 schrieb am 18.06.2003 16:37
no, i don't know any shop. perhaps you can write some Emails to different shops and ask if they have it in stock.
<hr></blockquote></p>

I wrote to a few shops at the same time i posted here. So far mop-shop has gotten back to me. They told me that theu can get it and are looking for a price.

If you find no shop, you can send an email to levince, perhaps they can say you a shop where you can get it.
<hr></blockquote></p>

Wrote to them a few days ago, but hav'nt heard anything yet. On their site they simply say that any shop can get it - and if the shops says the can't we should just ask the shop to get into contact with them....

On another note.. I had a 1,5 hour testride on a xj600s last night. I rode so much that i'm considering to add a "real" bike to my garage. I still plan to keep my leo but with 2000km a month i could use some more power - espicially for highway riding.

MFG
chris

19. Juni 2003, 16:15
<p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>TSnake schrieb am 19.06.2003 12:57

hi what is the best "auspuff" for the speed arrow or?
i have a leo 2
<hr></blockquote></p>'

On a standard 4 stroke engine a different exhaust does not make much difference. They are typically much lighter. And if you remove the center stand as well you may save more than 5kg - it does make a difference in handling because it weight that has to follow the wheel.

19. Juni 2003, 16:18
I've just ordered the leovince 4 road from mop-shop. They do not accept credit card so i have to "wire" the money to them. That will take 4-7 days so in about two weeks time a should have the new stainless exhaust.

I'll let you know how it goes

Been on holiday - leo has been standing still for 3 weeks

/A

31. Juli 2003, 17:59
I've just ordered the leovince 4 road from mop-shop. They do not accept credit card so i have to "wire" the money to them.
<hr></blockquote></p>

I don't think the do much export ... The did'nt know the information about their bank account that i needed for transfering the money. But i had found it on http://www.swift.com.

The next "issue" was that they did'nt know that their bank deducted 10 euro for putting the money in their account. MOP-SHOP wanted me to pay that as well. Since I've already prepaid more than 250 euro i did'nt have much choice. But how should i transfer the 10 euro to them ? It would cost me ~10 euro to my bank and 10 euro to their bank. So mop-shops fault (nor knowing that their bank would take a fee for accepting money from a bank outside germany) looked to cost me more an additional 30 euro. I persuaded a collegues girlfriend which has a german bank account in transferring my. They should have recieved the remaining 10 euro last monday so know i'm just waiting for my exhaust....

I've done a lot of mailorder from germany before and not has much trouble before and i'll also do mailorder again. But i will prefer to buy from shops that can accept a credit card. I might also buy from mop-shop again. I now know how their bank handle foreign transfers - But it should me necessary for me to call the shops bank and ask what fees they are charging the shop ...

14. August 2003, 21:17
Mod 250, Sponsor

Moin,
wenn der Gaszug hängt hat sich in den meisten fällen das Gummi durch Wärme o.ä. nach rechts außen verschoben und klemmt am VA-Puffer.
Grüße Reinhold

STANDARDFRAGEN werden auf meiner Webseite > http://www.aprilia-leonardo.de < beantwortet.

WER NICHT GESEHEN WIRD;WIRD ÜBERSEHEN!

Immer gute Fahrt wünscht dir Reinhold.

15. August 2003, 08:36
Profil Website besuchen
Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste